Cyprus Investment Programme
At YIAVASHI CHRISTOFI LLC, we understand the complex environment where entrepreneurs, investors and high wealth individuals live and our priority is to eliminate the hassle of paperwork with all immigration authorities, so our clients can focus on their core business.
Our Cyprus law firm may represent and assist you from A to Z on Residency Permits, as well as on Cyprus Citizenship. More detailed, we can assist you on the following areas:
- Citizenship by Investment
- Citizenship by Years of Residency
- Permanent Residence Permit in Cyprus
- Temporary Residence Permit in Cyprus
- Work Permit in Cyprus (Employment)
- Other Visas and permits
Why invest in Cyprus?
On 13th of September 2016, the Cyprus Council of Ministers has approved the amendments to the Scheme for Naturalisation of Investors in Cyprus by Exception. The said scheme is based on subsection (2) in section 111A of the Civil Registry Laws of 2002-2015.
The said amendments are in line with the strategy of the Cyprus Government to further attract Foreign Direct Investment and encourage the use of Cyprus by High Net Worth Individuals.
Cyprus Investment Programme
Non-Cypriot investors can acquire the Cyprus citizenship if they fulfil specific financial criteria and other conditions such as clean criminal records. Citizenship is also granted to the investor’s spouse, under age children and adult dependent children up to 28 years old. The investor and his/her family obtain a Cyprus Passport with full rights of an EU citizen.
Permanent Residence Permit
Non-Cypriot investors, who purchase property in Cyprus of at least €300.000 and have a secure and steady annual income transferred on a regular basis from abroad, are entitled to apply for Permanent Residence. The relevant Permit grants investors and their families visa free travel to Cyprus and the right of residence. It gives investors the opportunity for a second base in Europe. Granted for life, this permit includes spouses, under age children and adult dependent children up to 28 years old.
BENEFITS OF THE CYPRUS INVESTMENT PROGRAMME:
- Cyprus allows dual citizenship
- Citizenship is granted to the applicant, the spouse and all financially dependent children up to the age of 28
- No dividend tax on world-wide income for non-domiciled tax residents. Cyprus has no inheritance tax and the lowest rate of corporate income tax in Europe.
- The Cyprus Investment Programme is unique
- The terms of investment are clear and the conditions simple.
TERMS OF THE CYPRUS INVESTMENT PROGRAMME
The terms of the Cyprus Investment Programme are simple and clear.
- Investment to be kept just for 3 years
- Minimum investment- 2 million
- Wide range of investments- residential or commercial properties, investment funds, shares of companies
Note that the law requires the mandatory acquisition of personal immovable property by each investor worth at least 500,000 ex. VAT (except where investment is made in residential property/properties worth 2 million ex. VAT)
Our team of highly experienced professionals can advise you further on the Cyprus Investment Programme or any other residency permit, on the basis of your particular facts and circumstances